- Boil the fiddleheads in salted water for 5 min., or until they are crisp-tender.
- Drain and plunge in ice water to stop the cooking. When cool, drain them into a colander.
- Repeat the process of boiling and cooling with the squash and the ramps.
- Boil the peas for 2–3 min., or until they are just tender, and drain.
- In a heavy skillet, combine 2 T. of the butter, the onions, thyme, and bay leaf, and saute the mixture for 2 min.
- Add the morels and cook until they are tender.
- Add the fiddleheads, squash, and ramps and cook for 1 min. (just to reheat the vegetables).
- Add the peas, parsley, mint, and garlic.
- Stir in the remaining 2 T. of butter, stirring until the butter is just melted.
- Discard the bay leaf, season with salt and pepper, and serve.